In 1912, a partnership firm BaijnathMadangopal
by Lt. Seth Bansidharji Bhagat set up an
extremely small unit to manufacture mustard oil.
This business was then taken over by
GhanshyamdasBaijnath Oil Mills with the then
production being carried out under the trademark
Durgaduttji and Presumkhdasji, two brothers
bought this firm under the partnership
‘BansidharDurgadutt’ and the mill was re-name
‘BansidharPremsukhdas Oil Mills’ and the
‘Elephant Brand‘ trademark was registered.
On 14th Oct
1965, a limited company B.P. Oil Mills Ltd was
incorporated under The Companies Act 1956 taking
over the business from BansidharPremsukhdas.
established in the old ‘mohalla’ of Agra city in
Maithan and in the present day is still